Saturday, March 10, 2012

"Top Notch" Hyderabad

In these 2 days we were wandering in Hyderabad streets, we had time here and there to go to luxurious shopping malls and fancy night clubs. The city was a typical example of the gap between poor & rich, differences of income distribution and desire for consumption like in almost every ‘ambitious’ economy. Not aware of neither the size nor the diversity of the city, I was not sure about what I should have expected in Hyderabad in this sense and being the 4th biggest city in India, this city had hidden 2 completely different faces.
FabIndia GVK Mall & Hard Rock Cafe

We visited shopping malls with various top notch brands, went to clubs where a beer was 3 times more expensive than in Brussels or areas where an office’s monthly rent costed around 30K euro.
Orhan Pamuk's Books in Crossword Bookshop in FabIndia Mall 
One place we visited with Kavya, was a bar called Kismet where we were supposed to meet with other AIESEC members including Akhil. First I was with Kavya’s girl friends, Vimmi, Reema, Ammu and then one hour later with AIESEC guys because they were quite late after their EB meeting which was obviously as important as UN Security Council meeting. Even if it was a super expensive place, the best thing about the place was that it was the ladies’ night meaning free drinks for girls and I was having my fun while smuggling free drinks to the guys trying not to be seen by the bouncers or the waiters.
My harem in Kismet, Kavya's friends                 Kavya & I in the fancy corridors of Kismet

2 comments:

  1. Wow looks fancy, I wish I was there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i wish you were there too, you, me and Gerry would have so much fun there! :)

    ReplyDelete