Monday, March 19, 2012

Friends, Re-unions, Catching Ups in B'lore

Even if Bangalore is not known to be the most exciting place in India, I had a really good, short but quality time thanks to my old friend Aakash and his wife Babitha.

 Aakash in Lalbagh Botanical Gardens & Celebrating His Birthday in his office 

Aakash who used to live in Istanbul for 1.5 years working for Microsoft, I met with him back in 2003. I have not seen him since he left Istanbul even if he came back twice with Babitha. They were my dear hosts during my three day trip in Bangalore, I had my own luxurious room with a private bathroom and had a quite good access to city’s landmarks (+malls).

First night, they took me out for a place called TOIT which is known for its own brewed beer.

Second night I was out with Shashaank, who was the AIESEC Microsoft coordinator in Belgium back in 2007. I wasn’t aware that he was living in Bangalore until he got in contact with me on facebook. Our meeting point was this Fireflies place, a quite posh one, closeby the center of MG Road.

I liked talking to him about Indian music, Best songs of A R Rahman, Bollywood movies, arranged marriages, his brother’s marriage, Bangalore life, next steps etc etc. He gave a full list of Indian movies to watch and Indian music to listen to.


I really appreciate talking with Indian friends and try to understand their taste, their beliefs, their perspectives because in a diversified, old and crowded country like in India, most of the time you do not know what to expect from whom.

Third day even if we decided to meet up with Pallavi whom I met in Hampi, she had to work so I ended up spending my last night at home planning the remaining part of my SEA trip and chatting with Babitha & Aakash.

From the very first time I arrived in Bangalore until the very last time I left for Mysore, Aakash had been a great host, even in the last morning we went for a  South India type of Breakfast where we had nice idlis with chutneys and Masala dosa.

Breakfast with Masala Dosa & Idlis with Aakash

I thought from the beginning I was not going to get along well with the Indian food but on the contrary, there was so much “yumminess” that I had eaten so far and yet to be discovered.. and my Bangalore trip had surely helped me with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment