Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Home in Mysore :)


I had a really good choice by arranging this place in advance. Stephen, a Brit from Yorkshire, decided to move to Mysore 2 years ago after coming here for 6 years in a row. He obviously loved the place, met with great people and decided to open his B&B in one of the “suburb” neighborhoods of Mysore.


When I first entered, a pleasant atmosphere greeted me with Steve's nice music, Manjula (care taker)’s sweet chai and Lucy’s  (the dog) special attention to my feet :) I had connection, tough but a comfy bed, a fan and a rooftop. What else did I need?

We, enjoying our dinner on a rooftop resto  & Me, enjoying my book on the rooftop of the guesthouse

Ah, I also met with Tina, a German girl who had just arrived to Mysore to stay in an Ashram in Bangalore. The best of backpacking alone is the people you get to meet like her. I wasn’t so lucky in Hampi however my luck turned down here and there was Tina. Having arrived ½ hr later than me to Stephen’s place, I was happy to find my travel companion in Mysore. It was also good that we had the similar tastes so it was never an issue to find what to do or where to go.

Tina Shopping & Bargaining 


Stephen has not only been the owner of our guesthouse but also our guide, he accompanied us to Srirangapatna, the restaurants, the palace last day, almost everywhere we went. 


I couldn’t stop laughing as he was the copy of my previous manager Paul. Whenever he talked, I was giggling as I was watching my bloody old Geordie boss. 


Anyways with the house, the service, the places we went, Tina & I had a quite good treatment in Mysore thanks to Stephen & Manjula & Vasanth.

My last evening I said bye to all of them as Tina decided to stay for a couple of days more.. and I was on my way to Chennai..  


Our last pose in front of Mysore Palace

1 comment:

  1. Can you FB me Stephen's contacts - i might check his place when i get a chance to go to Mysore. Keep faith...Shashaank

    ReplyDelete