Friday, March 9, 2012

Born to be Wild : written for Hyderabadi Bikers

Maddening traffic of Hyderabad makes you feel like in an action movie. Despite the lower population, I felt Hyderabad more eventful than Istanbul as this city had buses, big cars, small cars, rickshaws, motorbikes and bikes on the roads at the same time going crazily fast. Anytime, anywhere, any size of vehicle, could jump in front of you even if you are walking on the sideways.
Traffic in Hyderabad streets
However I still think that to be a part of the local life, one should DEFINITELY try the Motorbike experience in Hyderabad. No helmets, no special clothes, 3-4 people on the same bike; riding a motorbike is way too dangerous compared to the Europe standards –also compared to Turkey.
2 of my captains Arjun Nair and the shadow of Mirza :)
I was however lucky that 3 young guys I met during my 3 day trip had been using motorbikes since they are 15 and they were everyday riders. On my first ride, the captain was Arjun Nair, the discussion topic was the local/international MC experience in AIESEC, second captain was Mirza with whom I talked about Islam and basicly the path to be a good person in every religion and my last captain was Koutilya who had applied to be a part of AIESEC and it was our only topic not surprisingly. 
Koutilya who helped me to "dry" myself after Holi 
Each ride took minimum 1/2 hour considering the distances in the city, i was delirious at some point, thinking whether i was going to give my last breath on that very bike but it was worthwhile to try for sure. No regrets. If I come to this world again and go to Hyderabad, I would definitely do the same :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment