Thursday, March 22, 2012

Himm What to do in Chennai?

Many people told me beforehand “There is not much to see in Chennai, 3 days is way too much”.

I was welcomed well in “my new Chennai residence: trainees house" thanks to Malvika, AIESEC Chennai VP ICX, who arranged the place and Lakshiminan, a newbie who picked me up from the train station on my way from Mysore.
 Silvia & Vishant trying to find the "famous" fort & St. Mary's Church in the Fort

After having a proper rest in the legendary Shenoy Nagar trainee house, I saw Silvia, the brand-new Brazilian trainee just arrived all the way from Santa Maria and Vishant, a new AIESEC member who had picked her up from the airport. I was glad to find my travel companions and very persistent that I would “discover” the hidden gems of Chennai with them. However I was wrong...


With my insistence to tick all the “to-do’s” on Lonely Planet, we went to Fort St. George, been inside the church and sat by the famous (and obviously one of the SEA’s biggest) Marina Beach for more an hour talking about the craziest things we had tried so far and we could potentially try in the future.
Adyar Bridge famous in Bwood Movies & Happy Indian Family at the Marina Beach


Following a long bargain with 4-5 rickshaw drivers (in Chennai they are crazy arrogant & spoilt), we got back home and my Chennai discovery trip was over in ½ day already.


In the evening, with the Brazilian gang Ingrid, Luisa, Silvia, Felipe and Taiwanese Bryant, we chilled & listened to Turkish Brazilian music, had our “student/trainee dinner with eggs” and Nutella :) I was already ready to head to some other places and decided to go to Mahabalipuram on the next morning. 

Silvia end of the day - after her 24hr trip 

1 comment:

  1. how u doin tugba and how is your trip??? and how is bangkok treating you?

    ReplyDelete