Monday, February 20, 2012

Prologue

I gave a decision, almost 6 months ago.

I wasn't entirely happy about my life and instead of bragging about it, i decided to make a change. I decided to take a step back, breathe and do something different at least for some time. It was around May last year i found out that thanks to the Belgian laws, it was my right to take upto one year off from work and i would still get paid a minimum stipend from the government.

With the support of my boyfriend by-then (?) HJ, i decided to go for this opportunity. Even if my initial plan was to travel, in October I was accepted by Katholieke Leuven University for a masters programme. I was quite happy with the studies and since i started school, I focused on language learning, sports, reading, watching movies and learning, learning, learning new things. It was one of the best couple of months of my life, however..

I knew something was missing. This was not how i wanted to live this once in a lifetime opportunity. In January, when i was in Istanbul, i visited a dear person at a hospital, Melek Annem who has been under cancer treatment for a long time..

Her words are still in my mind. Knowing the preciousness of our lives more than anyone else, she, at that time gave me some very valuable advices. Most were about family, love, friends and i vividly remember a specific one. She advised me to travel, to meet with a lot of people and learn from them.. She made me promise her..

It was then when i decided to go away. I wanted to keep my promise. It is how all started...

No comments:

Post a Comment