Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Prep Stories vol.1 : Flying Kick of a small cute Asian consulate guy

Not surprising at all; i was quite lazy to start this blog so i decided to write a bit of preparation stories later which is only now.

As i mentioned before, it was early January when i decided to make the trip and since then i've been to many, many consulates, done a lot of shopping, been injected a rich selection of vaccinations and spent a lot of money, A LOT! There were some stories worthwhile to tell but surely an unforgettable one was with a consulate. I guess it is better not to mention the name here as the guys who helped me can get into trouble, you never know..

OK so here it goes like this..
One of the countries on my route, let's say country "Zabazingo" require visa for Turks. In the beginning it was a bit complicated as i got different info from different sources - super different! At the end, i understood that - YES indeed i had to get the visa, not even on the border but from a consulate in advance like the usual treatment for us, Turkish citizens.


Symbol of Zabazingo

So i went to the Zabazingo consulate in Brussels on a Monday, a couple of weeks before my trip. The guy there told me that my visa would be ready in 2 days which was then the Wednesday morning. It was good enough and the very same day, on that Wednesday i was supposed to leave for Turkey, sooo i would need to have my passport better with my Zabazingo visa on it by Wednesday morning - LATEST! Because i had 4 more consulates to visit to apply for visas.

Then the Wednesday morning came. Of course, given my luck, the visa was not ready and the consulate guy (not the consulate himself) was completely confused with the days, he thought there were still 2 days to Wednesday with his clueless English. And of course I had to cry and had to show how "sorry" and "devastated" i was, then the poor guy (at that time he seemed like an angel sent from heaven to me) was so ashamed and even if the consulate was not in the office that day, he promised that he would get the visa.

He promised and i could see in his eyes he was very serious and he could/would do anything to keep his precious promise. After 2 hours and a lot of noise, i saw this little Asian guy throwing "flying kicks" all around and breaking the door of the consulate.. To get the stamp of the consulate and issue the visa for me. 


Literally this brave guy was kicking the door of the consulate's room like this to get the visa stamp


After a long struggle of 2 hours, he could manage.
That Asian hero managed to give me the visa on the very same day. Because he was so proud and at the same time he was so ashamed for not being able to keep his promise so (he told me later) even if he knew that the consulate himself will get very angry at him he had to do that, he had to break the door to get the f*ing stamp and keep his promise to me.

I went to Turkey on the very same day, and during the 2 wks i was there i knew that i had to do something. I had to pay the good in return. Sooo i gave this hero a bag, a very biiiig bag of Turkish Delight on my way back from Istanbul. I gave him the delight, we shook hands, i gave him a big hug and i felt like i solved all the possible diplomatic problems between these 2 countries. Turkey & Zabazingo :)

Seriously one thing i didn't forget : if the citizens of that country are as nice as the ones in the consulate, i will have such a great time in that country. Seriously. I can't wait to go to Zabazingo!

Hopefully I will tell you how it went in a couple of weeks in that counry. I am pretty sure it will be Legen.. wait for it.. dary :) Hadi bakalim insallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment